Property Buying Guide for an OFW

OFW Home Buying Guide Banner with Philippine flag fingerprint

Buying a Property in The Philippines: A Guide for an OFW

Almost everyone dreams of owning a home, especially Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), who are miles away from home in able to provide a better life for their loved ones. Purchasing a property oceans and continents away from you may seem daunting, this is why we have created this guide to help OFWs realize that it is not as daunting as it seems.

Is it possible for an OFW to buy a property in the Philippines while they are out of the country?

Yes, it is possible with the help of a representative called an Attorney-In-Fact and a Co-Maker who are both residing in the Philippines. The Attorney-In-Fact can be your spouse or a relative who also has the capacity to pay. He/she will be representing you in the entire purchase. (Note: You can loan from a bank given that you are not an OFW employed in a war-torn country)

List of War-Torn Countries

What should I keep in mind before reserving/purchasing a property?

  • It is crucial that you appoint a trusted representative/Attorney-In-Fact.
  • It is only possible to apply for a housing loan provided that you can submit your Certificate of Employment as well as your Employment Contract duly authenticated by the Philippines Consulate Office.
  • It is important to choose a developer with a proven track record.

What is the process of buying a home for an OFW?

  1. If you have not yet done so, you will need to contact an agent of your chosen project / developer.
  2. Your representative/Attorney-In-Fact will attend the tripping to view the project and model houses.
  3. If you have already chosen a unit your representative may reserve a unit during the tripping.
  4. During the reservation your representative will pay the reservation fee and sign the forms except for the Insurance Forms (3 copies each) and SPA Form which you will need to fill up.
  5. Upon reservation you will be given 30-60 days to submit the required documents. Click here to view the list of required documents
  6. 1 month after the reservation the monthly equity/down payment (DP) will start.
  7. Your representative will apply for a housing loan with the Bank (Bank Financing) or Developer (In-House Financing). (In the case of some developers, they will be the one to process the loan)
  8. You will send all the required documents to your agent and he/she will submit it to the developer.
  9. Monthly amortization will start after loan approval  (Bank Financing) or 30 days after paying the full DP (In-House Financing)
  10. Upon full DP you will be scheduled for a house inspection. The schedule for your house inspection will vary on your chosen payment method and unit. (For Bank Financing the house inspection is after the loan approval.)
  11. After the house inspection, if you are satisfied with the condition of the unit, your representative may now sign the house acceptance.

What should I do after the house acceptance?

After the house acceptance you may now apply for Meralco and water connection. If you wish to construct interior and exterior improvements you may do so with the approval of the Developer’s Office.

We hope that this guide has helped you realize that buying a home while abroad is not as complicated as it seems.

Please Fill Up the Form Below for Inquiries and FREE SITE VIEWING

Please enter your email, so we can follow up with you.

Subscribe for Promos and Project Updates!

Featured Houses

Georgina Thumbnail


Single Detached
4 Bedrooms
3 Toilet & Bath
1 Car Garage
Lot Area: 192 sqm
Floor Area: 180.87 sqm
Price: 9.3M - UP
Monthly: 70k


Adelle Thumbnail


4 Bedrooms
2 Toilet & Bath
1 Car Garage
Lot Area: 60 sqm
Floor Area: 70 sqm
Price: 1.6M - UP
Monthly: 13k